Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Noisy lifters

Discussion in 'COMP Cams Support Forum' started by waybad1, Jul 6, 2018.

1. waybad1

waybad1 Member

I am running a comp cams XR288HR with the link roller lifters, old school aluminum red rockers, comp cams guide plates and pushrods. comp cams dual valve springs. I am having some noise from more then one lifter after 3 or so adjustments. I did call the techline once and they said it was normal noise that these cams make. I have had the oil pan and manifold both off recently and see the cam lobes look good and no metal contamination in the bottom of the oil pan. Should I be worried about the noise? Any info would greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. waybad1

waybad1 Member

Thanks AA. It seems to be they all seem a little noisy. I'm going to pull one of the covers to inspect.

3. waybad1

waybad1 Member

I hammered on my truck in Pismo on the 4th and now I hear some lifter noise when cold started. That I have never heard
    before and it concerns me. I have the ARP perma-loc rocker arm adjusters so don't believe they are loose. My engine has about
    1,000 miles on it, sad that I spent over $1000.00 for the cam, lifters, springs and pushrods to have them noisy.

4. waybad1

waybad1 Member

Yes, the oil was changed after You figured out tuning issues. I only had the pan off to fix a pesky oil leak. Jesus, the Howards are the
    same price of the comps I have. I'll tell you this, I avoid letting anyone listen to my engine with
    the hood up. I am embarrassed for them to hear my engine. I should have dissembled the rockers and lifters when I went
    to the single plane manifold. Which by the way was 100% the right decision.

5. waybad1

waybad1 Member

I do run mobil1 10/30. Back in the day I ran 20/50 castrol in all my small blocks. Never had an issue. Of course nowadays
    people says that kills hp big time, go to lighter oil