Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

o2 sensor code, no start

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by waybad1, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

You can also check the continuity of the ground wire of the fast harness between the battery and fast ecu with an ohmeter.

2. waybad1

waybad1 New Member

I am definitely going to go over everything again to make sure. Everything power and ground
    related. I dont want to send the ecu and handheld in until I am sure everything is ok. I know I
    have battery voltage or close to it to the handheld, pink wire and ecu but the handheld still
    reads 11.5 volts. I would assume I would notice 8.8 volts when cranking listening to the engine
    turning over?

3. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Ecu won't let you start engine under 10volts. 8.8 is far too low. Check as i said the ground wires with a multimeter.

4. waybad1

waybad1 New Member

I'm just saying if it really only has 8.8 volts cranking you would think the engine
    would drag. It just seems like a false reading. Checking everything now

5. kevin87turbot

kevin87turbot Member

What error code pops up when the ECU light is flashing...just the O2 sensor code?
    Does the engine fire up if you spray starting fluid in the throttle body?
    Usually, if an engine is backfiring during cranking, then there is a problem with the timing...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  6. waybad1

waybad1 New Member

Right after it died I checked for spark and carb cleaner for fuel. At that time there was an o2 fault that I cleared and tried to start it. It set the code at least 10 while I tried to start it. It is not setting that code now. If the ECU has failed internally is it possible for it to send bad enough commands/signals to cause a no start backfire scenario? The way it happened so fast is real weird. Running perfect one second and stall the next.

7. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Unfortunetly yes it is possible. And yes 8.8 volts or internal damages can turn the ecu into a crazy machine !
    To be sure, can you check wires ? It is too simple and let you focus on the bad part

8. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You can play with this all you want.... But, you have correct voltages everywhere else. The ECU system is malfunctioning. As long as it isn't repaired, It will not start your vehicle. This no start issue is due to a damaged internal ECU component and scrambled data. Don't let anyone goad you into wasting your time. The sooner you do the RMA, the sooner you will again have a known working system. Actually, it will be better than new due to the new software update FAST does after the repair. The O2 code you originally got was due to a loss of power to the O2 sensor. This is an occasional problem that happens to some EZ EFI 1.0 installs -usually where ignition boxes have been connected as yours was, and caused ECU damage over time from electrical interference.

9. waybad1

waybad1 New Member

Just got the RMA #. Thanks A A for you help and everybody else's suggestions.

10. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

You should also check your wires and everything while you wait for your fast ecu. Because if it comeback repaired you would not cause new damages when it will be reconnected.

11. waybad1

waybad1 New Member

I just received a call from Greg at FAST. They did find a bad chip in the ECU. It has been repaired and tested on
    a running engine. NICE. Great customer service.

12. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You should be ready to input your settings again and have your vehicle running great again with no further problems - once you get the ECU back. To your credit, your ECU will also now be ready for the newer upgrade to a color 1.0 handheld - if you decide to get one.

13. waybad1

waybad1 New Member

I asked and they were nice enough to offer it to me for $249.00.

14. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Sounds good. The new handheld offers not only easier control, but a new look with improved ability to control warm and cold start fueling - for improved starts.

15. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Before reconnecting your ecu i would recommend you to check ground and power related. it would be too bad to breake it again

16. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Clean the wax out FatsoFat. He has already corrected the problem and doesn't require un-needed aggravation. If there is another problem, he'll need the ECU connected and running to find it. Now, go breake something there at home in France. Your computer has a virus.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    waybad1 likes this.
  17. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Love it !
    You are awsome AA :)
    You are so funny !
    You make me smile :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017