Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Please help setting parameters EZ Efi Multiport 2.0

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by chevy468ci, Oct 3, 2017.

1. fabr

fabr Member

That is fine. The goal is to be zero lash before setting preload. You should be good to begin tuning now.

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Just to be sure about something... are you experiencing any excessive clatter at the valves you mentioned not having the same resistance on the nut as others - since you adjusted them? If there is excessive clatter, you may have contaminated or failing lifters. If that is the case, a new set of lifters may be in order - at least for the affected cylinders.

Hydraulic roller lifters are very susceptible to any oil contamination. But, I had one defective COMP lifter fail six months after a new build, and had to replace the pair on cylinder seven. On inspection, I found the one lifter had bad machining. No other lifters in the full set have given a problem in the years since. I could only hear that lifter some at cold idle when it first began failing. It gradually became worse, eventually could be heard with the engine warmed, and fully collapsed. Just a fluke that time, and the first time I ever had any new lifter fail in 50 years of builds.

If you suspect there may be any contamination, use a quart of Rislone engine treatment with your oil for a few changes. It works well, and often will flush out any contamination making hydraulic lifters noisy - restoring proper operation.

3. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

Before any sign of failure in the lifters it is normal that some lifters are hard to move and other are easy because even in a new set of lifters, some lifters are empty of oil and some are full of oil. Empty lifters give little resistance.