Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Rough running EZ EFI 1.0

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Yadkin, Aug 23, 2016.

1. A A

A A Well-Known Member

That torque converter range is just what you need. Lol, that rear gear change will be a lot harder than getting the correct speedometer gears installed. Give the Fluidampr #720201 some thought if you aren't running one - they really do make a difference. Engine vibration is usually what you hear most at higher RPMs. Also, a bolt-on transmission tailshaft vibration damper might be of help. I can't recall well now, but I do think some of the AOD tailshaft housings had lower flanges that were drilled for them. They are a simple bolt-on.

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

3. Yadkin

Yadkin Member

I'm currently running a Professional Products 90009. Apparently bigger isn't better.

I remember that tailshaft damper on the '85 TBird that I used to own. I just wrote my contact at Monster Transmissions to see if he has one and can toss into the box.

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

"I'm currently running a Professional Products 90009. Apparently bigger isn't better. " Good for torsional vibration, and larger size good for helping to hold engine RPM when shifting a manual transmission - added size of less use with an automatic due to the torque converter.

The fluid balancers not only remove torsional stresses but give dynamic balancing providing less bearing and timing gear wear. You'll see big fluid dampers on large over the road diesel trucks as they perform so much better (and longer), and never shift to an out of balance condition unless physically damaged. There are race versions, and lower cost street versions for some engines. In your case, a street version (if available), is more than adequate.

I think the tail housing dampener would be a good option to have if Monster Transmission can provide it. If your tail shaft housing has the flange for it, even one from a salvage yard might be a good idea - they aren't anything that will normally go bad.. I believe my '81 Thunderbird also had one. I certainly remember seeing them back in the day. They were also there to help prevent cracking of the tail housing.

Yadkin likes this.
  5. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Say! How did the AOD transmission install go?