Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Second MAP sensor hookup

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by fabr, Dec 6, 2019.

1. fabr

fabr Member

I have the sportsman ecu. I want to use a map sensor to read/log crankcase vacuum.Surely there is a way to configure one. I cannot for the life of me find how to do it in the help section. Am I just being blind or can it not be done with sportsman? HELP!

2. Dart67

Dart67 Member

3. fabr

fabr Member

I'll double check my harness but I don't think the sportsman has those analog connections that the XFI does.

4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

That is correct. No can do with a Sportsman

5. fabr

fabr Member

That's what I thought. I truly wish I had not bought FAST .

6. fabr

fabr Member

I guess my absolute disappointment with FAST is the utter lack of good info on what each system will/will not do. The info just isn't there until you have invested $$$$$ for something that appears to be just what is needed until it is purchased and THEN you find out you need 10" vac for EZ to operate correctly. Sooooo off you go to to upgrade to sportsman at $$$$$$ only to find there isn't even one analog input circuit . Just a disgusting waste of time and money . Horrible lack of info and THEN it becomes apparent that FAST doesn't even care enough for their customers to come onto THEIR OWN FORUM to support their product. INEXCUSABLE is the only word for it.

7. gremlinmt

gremlinmt Member

More comprehensive info would certainly help.

8. fabr

fabr Member

It's like buying a smart phone,here it is,figure it out on your own. When I upgraded to the sportsman,I knew I would want to log pan vac. I saw the sportsman had a configurable input. Of course I assumed it was an analog input. (There isn't a damnn thing in the help files that say what it is for or how to configure it. Same for the configurable output.)We all know what assuming is though. A person would think there was a way to add some gauges/sensors through the CAN but NOooooo! The sportsman can't even use the xfi dash/data logger that has additional analog inputs along with a decent amount of internal logging.