Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Slight misfire thru rpm range

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by fishhore, Apr 17, 2018.

1. fishhore

fishhore Member

car starts and runs great minus the slight misfire I have thru the rpm range. Wot runs fantastic. Have correct plugs and wires for efi and plenty of grounds. Car really does run well just minor drive ability problems like while putting around in 1st gear in parking lots. Only thing I haven’t done yet to remedy problem is switch to a single plane intake. I’m running a rpm air gap with a 1” spacer. I just want to make sure before I spend my time and money to swap that that’s my issue

2. fishhore

fishhore Member

Also it’s a 383 sbc, aluminum heads, decent little cam, makes 448hp. Already changed map sensor to external, basically just want to know if a dual plane intake +spacer would cause my issue. This issue doesn’t keep me from driving the crap out of it, the slight miss has just always bothered me.

3. fishhore

fishhore Member

Crap sorry it’s a ez 1.0 also

4. fishhore

fishhore Member

5. fishhore

fishhore Member

Idle is 750 btw. Can’t see that in the glare

6. fishhore

fishhore Member

7. fishhore

fishhore Member

This is doing about 50mph down the highway. How do all my numbers look to you? I will try unplugging my monitor from the ecu and see if that changes anything. I’ll also look to see what software I have. It is a odd sounding missfire to me. During moderate accel it is gone, during cruise it sounds very sporadic like and sometimes gargles during transitions in throttle. But the car cold starts just fine, warm starts great, it’s just got a small hiccup I can’t figure out

8. fishhore

fishhore Member

I usually run cruise af @13.8 but had richend it up the day I took that data picture just to see if it cleaned up but it did not. And I’ll check everything else for you when I get home later.

9. fishhore

fishhore Member

10. fishhore

fishhore Member

Fuel pressure is correct at power on not running. Msd 8.5 super conductor wires. Ngk BKR6E as recommended by their tech line.

11. fishhore

fishhore Member

Oh also just went for a drive with the monitor unplugged from the computer and noticed no difference.

12. fishhore

fishhore Member

AA, I’m going to call fast in the morning about the update. Why can’t they email it or have it for download? Also I want to order a single plane intake. Currently have the rpm air gap with a 1” spacer so I can fit a taller intake, so do u recommend the Vic jr, super victor or the rhs that fast sells. I have blue print brand aluminum heads.

13. fishhore

fishhore Member

Sat on hold today for an hour until I opted for the call back option. Haven’t heard from them. I’ll try calling fast again tomorrow morning.

14. fishhore

fishhore Member

I think I will order the super Vic then. Hopefully I can just get them to email me the update.

15. fishhore

fishhore Member

Hopefully the single plane intake clears up my starting issue and stumble when stopping at lights. I get a faint stumble when stopping at red lights, and on warm starts it wants to rev up to around 1500 rpms and then it surges a few times finding its idle rpm

16. fishhore

fishhore Member

Street manners are the only issues I have. My car flat gets after it when my foots in it. If I was just at the track I wouldn’t have a complaint. Just little surges and stumbles during transitions around town are what I’m trying to eliminate. I wish fast would spend more effort in things with their ecu’s like being able to stop learning or regularly coming out with updates. It seems like it would be so simple to do so.

17. fishhore

fishhore Member

Just got off the phone with fast and they assured me there is zero difference between 003 and 005 and the different firmwares. That all it does is reset the ecu to factory like the day it left the store. ‍♂️
    So I guess I’ll order my intake and put it on and see how that helps me before I go and send my ecu and monitor in. He also said the only revision they have made for it was just the pre squirt which I have.

18. fishhore

fishhore Member

I told him a few times that I got the information off their tech forums and he wasn’t having any of it. He said to send it in if I want and they will bench test it so that is what I will do after u get my manifold on and just hope they update it while they have it.

19. fishhore

fishhore Member

I posted on the thread u sent me about the retrofit screen and 1.0 gremlins but haven’t heard from anyone who might have sent theirs in besides the person who started the thread

20. fishhore

fishhore Member

I have read thru that thread. If I was planning on having this motor in my car in 5 years then I would drop more money into the system for the xfi upgrade but I want to do an ls swap in the next couple years so really just trying to make this more fun to drive for now.