Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Slight misfire thru rpm range

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by fishhore, Apr 17, 2018.

1. fishhore

fishhore Member

Reset tps after adjusting iac today. And then reset again during computer restart. Should I see full volts thru tps ?

2. fishhore

fishhore Member

Ok just making sure 3.8v at wot is ok

3. fishhore

fishhore Member

I may have to send computer to fast for them to test. That’s the only thing that hasn’t been altered or swapped out yet

4. fishhore

fishhore Member

I’m gonna just let the computer learn for the next 100-200 miles and see how it goes. I’ll send in the computer and monitor after that. The way it all runs besides this little puff out the exhaust at cruise I get makes me positive everything is fine but it’s worth having them check the computer if it doesn’t clean up after some learning

5. fishhore

fishhore Member

I just may have found a problem. I bought a tanks inc efi fuel tank and pump in tank set up and just hooked up the pump positive to the red wire labeled pump positive coming out of my Ez Efi loom. And then just grounded the pump. Looking through the instructions again I notice something about using a relay.

6. fishhore

fishhore Member

Hey AA, can I get a plug read from ya when your on next

7. fishhore

fishhore Member

8. fishhore

fishhore Member

9. fishhore

fishhore Member

10. fishhore

fishhore Member

11. fishhore

fishhore Member

Dizzy set up with springs and bushings u recomended. Slope is 4000. Total mechanical is 34*. Vac advance is hooked up but haven’t checked timing with it yet, but runs much better with it. The faint random puff or miss out the exhaust is much less noticeable. 13.7idle, 14.5 cruise and 12.7wot. If I go any leaner at idle map and load start climbing. Wot was at 12.5 on those plug readings btw.

12. fishhore

fishhore Member

Also had fast update my computer but it didn’t change anything noticeable. Like how there are certain fuel ratios I can’t select. Example if I select 13.6 cruise it will revert back to previous ratio.

13. fishhore

fishhore Member

I run only 92 octane

14. fishhore

fishhore Member

I will change fuel ratio to 13.6 idle on the touch screen and then go back into the page to change ratios and it will show 13.5 again. If I skip 13.6 and go to 13.7 it will stay there

15. fishhore

fishhore Member

finally had some time to play with the car again. So I have had vac advance hooked up for last 500 miles or so and just checked timing at idle with it and it’s adding 14* at idle so I think I’m gonna unplug it for now and run without it again. I’m still at 16 intitial and 34 total but don’t like the 30* idle timing with the vacuum hooked up. That’s warmed up at 800rpm idle

16. fishhore

fishhore Member

instead of trying to fix my ported source so it’s actually ported can I run full vacuum and lower my intial so that with the vacuum hooked up I can have an idle timing of 20-24* where the engine seems to be happiest.

17. fishhore

fishhore Member

I’m just going to keep it disconnected for now until everything else is lined out. So I have 16 initial with smallest amount of mechanical that comes with my pro billet of 18* for a total of 34*.

18. fishhore

fishhore Member

Car still has a faint pop in the exhaust at cruise and also while revving the engine up to cruising rpms in nuetral. It will do this on a new tune or one that’s been learning. I’m out of trouble shooting ideas at the moment. It cold starts great, idles great, warm starts great, wot pulls hard, drops back to idle rpms without hunting, but just can’t get rid of this nagging pop or puff coming out the exhaust. Free revving the exhaust clears right up when I get above 3 or 4K rpm, just like when I’m cruising it goes away when I start giving it moderate load like to pass or speed up. I have an efi tank from tanks inc, filter is clean, maybe injectors got crud in them I don’t know but where timing is set now it should not be a problem or causing my engine to sound like it’s breaking up while revving up to 2-3 grand in nuetral. It did this with the old hei unit I had on it’s just less now with the new pro billet I installed.

19. decline

decline New Member

Quick question. Are your heads grounded? I've read on yellow bullet about misfires and what not being cured with that. 8-12awg wire from head to head and from head to block or firewall.

20. fishhore

fishhore Member

No, but I would think that all of the head studs would be grounding the heads to the block more than enough