Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

SOLVED (ECU) - EZ-EFI 2.0 not "Learning" ?

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Pfingstl, May 30, 2016.

1. shelbydogg

shelbydogg Member

You can also watch your error correction. If the number used to be higher and now is closer to zero, at a certain load or RPM, that means that it did learn and burn the table.
    Just not showing a learn indicator.

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  3. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

No matter what you need it almost makes sense to buy the kit with harness and O2 sensor.

Will get back with an update Friday.

I am almost sure the handheld won't make any difference and that an ECU is needed, but lets see what the test brings.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

What happened with the test?

5. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

We had to cancel the appointment.

Perhaps later this week or next week.

At least the car drives and I can enjoy the Autum here - heating on.....

6. A A

A A Well-Known Member

I'm glad the car drives well in spite of the problem, but disappointed in how hard an overseas RMA is.

I'll be glad for cooler weather I can enjoy here - the heat has prevented me from getting a lot of projects finished this summer. It's still hot and humid here, raining several times each day - and it will likely continue until the end of September.

7. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

And I am in the "Green" - Photo shot right after Wizard Setup.

Always follow your gut feeling......

Bought the "Kit" from Summit (ECU, Handheld, harness and O2) - expensive testing without losing the joy of driving - YES !!!!!

But the kit can always be used on another car when ECU are back form RMA.

I believe the Capacitor on the pink wire was needed no matter what. Havn't had any rebooting since installed. (Should be build into the ECU)

IAC was somehow impossible to set even if it was already OK with the old ECU - did a three time reset and started all over - DONE !!

THANKS TO EVERBODY HERE AND ESPECIALLY TO A A

IMG_5715.jpg

8. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Hi Jens,

This post has helped make my day. :D I hate you had to spend so much, but I'm really happy you now have your car running correctly with the Fast system. Now you can get to the real business of enjoying driving your car, without worrying like before about the learning. The only poor number I see is your voltage is low, but that is probably only due to the low idle - or you might not have revved the engine over 1000 RPM with the new 1-wire alternator - for it to begin outputting. Looks great!

9. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

The voltage is only because of idle or not kicked in - normally always at min. 13 at idle. The Powermaster alternator was a great recommendation !!

Took the car for a short drive and it "Learns". Even seemed to smell a lot less backing into the garage. More like "well burned" instead of "to much gasoline" :)

A A - Forums only works with guys like you. Competent and experienced, ready to share knowlage learned over years. I will for sure be back to learn more when engine and transmission are in for a makeover. Rebuilding, roller cam, 4LXXE with TCU or what ever will fit into the C3 Vette.

Thx. :)
    Jens

A A likes this.
  10. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Thank you! Glad I could help. :) Hope my hats still fit. Not much of a problem though - most are adjustable ball caps from automotive suppliers. ;)

Pfingstl likes this.
  11. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

Just received an exchange ECU via Sunnit - no problems and no discussions.

Apart from the invoice missing the "Exchange unit" and therefore tax and duty had to apply.

Even reminded Summit before shipping and they confirmed.....

Always something that goes wrong and another 300 dollars lost.

But at least the problem was solved and some parts are ready for someone that would like to install a FAST system.

Again - thanks for all the help and input from the forum :)

12. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Unfair trade deals between countries. They hurt everyone they shouldn't be hurting. The US has made lousy trade deals for years - that flood the US with cheap Chinese junk and prevent our US products from being sold competitively in other countries. Now you know why the US GDP is so low compared to other nations. The US is now far under the growth of other countries and the economy here is a disgrace. Our lousy corrupt lawmakers have forced many thousands of old businesses here to close their doors, and has driven more thousands out of our country. Opening a new manufacturing business here is an exercise in futility, and more are failing daily.

13. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Hi Jens.

Just a follow-up, as I don't recall if you ever tried leaning your idle and cruise A/F ratios. If you haven't, check those tail pipes - they should be a light gray, and your sparkplugs should not be sooty or blistered. As long as you don't go too lean, power will remain strong. Hope your Vette is still running great - and the tire and wheel changes you had in mind are working great.

14. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

Hi

Thanks for the interest.

Season has stated, but weather just got better over the last few days.

I am just about to finish a Borgeson steering box and Hydratech Hydraboost install.

Last fittings just arrived and I should be ready for alignment within the next week.

When ready I will try to get averything dialed in. End of last season everything was up and running. Runs great, but I know for sure some fine tuning is needed.

Jens

15. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Sounds great Jens. I give the steering and brake upgrades a big thumbs up. I plan to eventually upgrade to hydraboost on my TA.

16. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

Can hardly wait to test.

I will give you an update on performance and feel.

17. A A

A A Well-Known Member

I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks. I've already found a new hydraboost system built for the TA.

18. Pfingstl

Pfingstl Member

After a busy Easter with family I finally got time to get the Vette ready.

Actually I only needed to do the final plumbing a reinstall the Steering column with a U-Joint connecting to the Box. Column had to be "shortened" quite a bit by tapping it at the end. After a few trial and errors everything was lined up and ready. Filled the system with oil and bleed as much air as possible. Started the engine - fired up immediately after 3 month thanks to FAST - and turned steering to bleed.

After a few refills the system worked perfectly with easy steering. Borgeson system feels much better then the Steroids system and it will pass inspection in Denmark.

Borgeson fits with the 454 Big Block, but I would recommend the U-Joint instead off a Rag-Joint when Hydrabrakes are installed. Better clearance around the hoses. Also a 45 degree plug wire instead off a straight at Cylinder 3. I had to tie it up to clear the box.

Hydratech brake booster had some kickback to the pedal until all air was gone (Like when ABS is activated). They say it could take some time, but the brake pedal already has a nice feel and brakes are way better then before. Also have Willwood 6 front and 4 rear pistons with slotted rotors. Standard Vette size to fit the 15" rims. Brakes need a little braking before friction is normal, but not a big deal at all.

Now we just need some nice weather - Tuesday night some areas had 21-23F during the night. Not normal for April........

A A likes this.
  19. A A

A A Well-Known Member

We've been having unusual weather here also - hot and dry when normally it would be cool and wet. There also really wasn't much cold during winter here. But, I've seen this same strange drought weather pattern before in the 1950s - it's just been a long time.

That steering rag joint is also a problem on my TA. It's too close to my headers. I plan to change out to a $70 conversion that eliminates the rag joint using a modified piece from a different later model vehicle.

Those brakes sound great. I have good braking except at idle speeds, but Hydraboost will be a big improvement. Lol, I've already had to stand on the brake pedal once, like King Kong, just to stop as I was pulling out of my level driveway. Had me wondering some if I was even going to stop her that day.

I've got too much going on right now to do anything on the TA - just glad I got my '81 GMC finished other than paint. I do wish the GMC got better than 12.5 mpg. But, it really doesn't bother me as I really enjoy the 400 horsepower it offers. The air conditioning blows cold, and I've already used it twice to haul some heavy loads. It's more powerful and more enjoyable to drive than my new Silverado. It's hard to wait until I can get back to the TA, but the old GMC makes that easier. I have three more to restore once I get the changes done on TA. The first in line is a '55 Buick Special 2 dr. hardtop that will be fully customized.