Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Spark Cut Rev Limit

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by fabr, Feb 17, 2019.

1. fabr

fabr Member

I need some clarification on the function of the spark cut rev limit . It is listed under the Aux Input 1 Function. Am I correct that if I was to ground this input I will engage the rev limiter for however long the input was grounded? Likewise , when the ground was removed it would disable the rev limiter? There would also be no delay ?

If I am correct about the function I assume I can set a very low rpm like 1500 for the limit and have no adverse effects even if engaged at say 8000 rpm ? I am thinking I can use this as an ignition kill circuit for no lift shifting.

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

What software are you talking about. If it's a Sportsman the function changed between Sportsman 2.05 and 2.06. I can answer your question if I knew what you have. For example 2.065 offers a disable engine feature.

3. fabr

fabr Member

I have sportsman 2.065. I guess my basic question is whether it is a hard cut or intermittent cut that the spark cut rev limit functions as. If it is a hard cut until ground is removed then it should work for my needs since the ecu for the shifter(it runs in it's own closed loop)will control the ground signal for as long as needed to complete the shift . This would serve my needs for an ignition cut to shift.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

It will work like you want. The spark cut rev limit activates if the Aux input is grounded and the rev RPM is reached. Remove the ground and the rev cut goes away.

5. fabr

fabr Member

Thanks for the verification. As always,much appreciated!