Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

The New #304003 (XFI Street Retrofit Kit) And XFI Sportsman ECU

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by A A, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

The 4000 series works with the XFI EDASH.

2. CWPottenger

CWPottenger Member

Thank you! This is the info I needed.

3. CWPottenger

CWPottenger Member

It is not the pretty lights I like. It is the information on the tune in live readouts that I find very helpful as I make changes and upgrades or experience minor tune issues. Ez 1 has done everything I need it to do except the ability to datalog. That is the feature I most wanted, but did not want to spend $2000 to acquire.

4. cobrajet

cobrajet New Member

AA, totally agree. Although, I got EZ-EFI 1.0 to work pretty well on a Borla stack setup (418W), I always push Sportsman or XFI 2.0 for guys looking to do the same. Quit wasting money paying for the EZ-EFI stop gap....in the long run you will end up paying more, in time and money, than buying Sportsman or XFI 2.0 in the first place! I've replaced my "EZ" with a Sportsman and haven't looked back!

5. cobrajet

cobrajet New Member

If you're comfortable doing your own wiring, or have an Avionics or electrical background and enjoy doing this kinda work, you can tackle your own wiring by de-pinning your 1.0 harness, buying the correct 40 pin plug with matching pins (from Mouser), and splice it in to your present wiring harness. The wiring diagram is available for download off FAST's website. One catch....you'll need the correct crimper tool (~ $300) to do it right, but you can sell it on eBay when you're done with the conversion for little or no lo$$. My original wiring harness was well hidden (retro set-up, trying to hide any new technology), so pulling the old harness was going to be a major pain for me. I use aircraft "Tefzel", unshielded wiring and splices on all my re-wiring jobs....you can pretty much guarantee your wiring will outlast your car!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  6. A A

A A Well-Known Member

The problem with my doing custom wiring is my eyes are old now and it's really hard to see finer wiring work. My memory also isn't what it was. I understand why my father no longer wanted to do any electrical or electronics work when he hit 70. I still want everything like I always have, but I'd rather pay someone else to do any work these days - that's why the EZ systems sounded like such a snap. It's hard to find people here that can or will work like I did in my younger years. Just trying to get my body in and out of any close spaces is really a hard chore these days.;)

I've always done everything to last as long as possible. I always believed in over-engineering things. The problem now is, anything I do will probably outlast me - I try not to think about that. But, it's hard not to.:)

7. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Yes. One thing about it though - we can sure surprise younger folks now and then. I see photobucket is gaming for cash.

An example last week. I use 5 GHz. wireless connections in my home - as that doesn't pollute airwaves as badly - keeping my signals on my own property. All my neighbors are considerably younger, and seem to be having a war going on with each other over which of them can get their signals levels the highest. I have always hidden my wireless router SSIDs. I'm over 500 feet from the closest of them, but they finally disrupted the lone wireless router I had been using, without problems, for over six years. I can see all their signals and what they're doing with them at my computers. They frequently use "open" protocols to boost their signals, and show their names - using their names on their broadcast SSIDs (I can only surmise to boast). One keeps two signals unsecured all the time. I could easily destroy those two routers if I wanted to - and they would have no idea what happened.

I didn't join in on the fracas. I purchased two ASUS RT AC3100 routers and an ASUS RT AC5300 router. The AC5300 has three bands - two 5 GHz. and one 2.4 GHz. bands. I turned off the 2.4 GHz. band, as I normally do, and set up the two RT AC3100 routers as media bridges/wireless repeaters - each connecting to a different 5 GHz. band of the AC5300. My 5 GHz. signal levels are now back far above the previous levels I had before the neighbors started their "war". If I had joined their "war", there's little doubt my current 2.4 GHz signals would drown them all out if turned on. :) It was raining all last week, so it was a good time to look for what I wanted and to install it.

They'll have to buy all new equipment to start beating me down again - and there is nothing in the current consumer market that can compete. They definitely don't want me to turn on the old outside 1 meter business class system, and turn up the gain on it - I used before there were any other homes nearby. I had a wireless signal I could easily connect to up to an 1/8 mile away then.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Pfingstl likes this.
  8. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Stupid photobucket. I'm about to drop all the online sites. Here's the pic I was trying to show.

Attached Files:

Pfingstl likes this.
  9. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Oh man, If that was me, someone would have to help drag me out. I doubt I could even see under there. I have to hold things out some distance to see them now. Putting the Streetfighter transmission in my GMC on jack stands last year was something I had to do mostly by feel, and I couldn't have gotten out from under if not for the creeper I used.

10. fabr

fabr Member

You guys are too funny! At 61 though I understand ALL TOO WELL

Pfingstl likes this.
  11. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Chuckle. Oh you're in for a lot more surprises - instead of just feeling like a tired old bird, you start drying up and looking like one. I've lost 50 pounds of muscle in the last few years, and the doctors say I'm fine. Yet, I was never overweight. If you don't have it going on already, there is also the feather and tooth loss. Personally, I now feel well plucked and scrawny. At least my dentist eats well on my dime, and so do my doctors. Not to mention all the meds I never needed before that feed Big Pharma the hog mauler. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably need a pill to make a knee kick before long, and a happy pill instead of a Happy Meal. :eek:

After looking closer at the picture above, I noticed the phone in use between those Rockport shoes. If he's not getting engineering support from India, that's a 911 call. The albatross surrounding him looks like audio or digital/audio communications equipment or a data center in redux. Whatever, the picture screams Halp!

12. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Here's another. Getting ready for a fresh harness install.

Attached Files:

13. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Okay. I know this one. It's commercial aircraft wiring being inspected - just before the crash test flight.

14. A A

A A Well-Known Member

I think the guy in the picture is the Texas Chainsaw killer hiding razor blades.

15. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Talk about old guys. That's me (the old guy) tuning on a dyno with Andy F.
    BTW, I'm 72.

Attached Files:

16. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Yup. No doubt about it, we've both got that classic look going on. I just try to hide some of the gray by not wearing a beard. With a ball cap on, I still fool some of the young gals until they get a closer look or see the hat come off. Some young folks might think we're related if they saw us standing around somewhere. Maybe we should try growing what hair we have longer and wear it like Trump? Naah. I think he puts dye in his. We're actually old enough we could fit nicely on one of his advisory boards.

17. fabr

fabr Member

5 years ago I went to Glamis to meet up with some friends of a friend. He was to show us around the big dunes there as he had been going for years. He must have been going since the 60's ,he was 78 at the time. Being a bit of a moron,I thought "well this is going to suck following a dinosaur thru the dunes" since I was used to tearing them up as fast as I can go. To make a story short,that man gave a driving lesson I will never forget. Later on he asked me how I liked his 16 year old foot. I thought ,well he is a retired smoke jumper fire fighter and maybe he for some reason had to have a prosthetic foot. He laughed and said,no,I mean my 16 year old foot connected to my 16 year old brain!! LOL!!! I got the meaning then and after some good long talks I fully understood that age is just a number so long as we can still do what we love with passion. That man truly made me forget worrying about getting older.

18. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member