Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Too much timing on hot start?

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by bmiller, Apr 18, 2017.

1. bmiller

bmiller New Member

Fast EZ 2.0 running great on a 427 Windsor small block with stack injection. My problem is on hot starts engine drags like way too much timing. Fast dual sync distributor has been installed with 0 reference trying two different methods with the same results. dropped in at TDC then phased with the led lights per instructions and then also dropped in at 30 degrees before TDC, rotor aligned to fire #1 plug. both methods verified with timing light and adjusted to 20 degrees in handheld per instructions. car runs pretty good after it starts. It starts fine on cold starts but after engine warms up I have to wait 10 to 15 minutes before it will finally start again. It did not do this before the installation of the Fast ez 2.0. I have added grounds from frame to block and frame to starter retaining bolt to rule out a grounding issue. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing this hard starting while engine is warm? Does the EZ 2.0 have a start retard feature or am I missing something in the set up?

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

The initial timing shown on the handheld is only the timing after the engine starts. You should also have the 5 degree default maximum trim turned on. 20 degrees of initial is not your problem. You could be running too rich, have a heat soak problem with the starter, or a solenoid internal connection causing insufficient starter power. Also, make sure your injectors are not leaking fuel due to any contaminated fuel.