Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Wait to Install EZ EFI until truck driveable?

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by kpanza, Mar 12, 2017.

1. kpanza

kpanza Member

Hi guys,

I've had an EZ EFI 2.0 sitting in the boxes for a while now, and looks like I may finally get some time to work on the K5 again soon. Since I cannot get the Demon Road Jr carb that my motor came with to run right after much tinkering last year, I want to just get the EFI on there and move forward. However, I still don't have my rear driveshaft on the K5, and am yet to finish the final shock mounting and limiting straps/bumpstops, etc...

So, since the truck would only be able to idle, and very slow speed cruising up and down the street (driving carefully in 4WD High), do I need to wait until I can actually drive the K5 around town before I get to installing it? Or would infrequent startups (to get in and out of garage to work on the aforementioned parts, finish roll cage, etc) be ok for a little while? After all this wait, if I need to wait until streetable, I guess I can wait, just figured I'd ask the experts.

Thanks for your time!

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

No problem. The system has full-time adaptive learning.

3. kpanza

kpanza Member

Awesome...then you just saved me from spending $100 to try a friend's used Truck Avenger carb in the meantime! Thank you! I'll start next weekend! (crossing fingers the wife doesn't come up with something for me to do in the meantime! haha)

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Just take your time to get the wiring and components all in correctly. You don't want any electrical interference. Think up and list things to keep the wife busy. You'll need to be undisturbed.;)

5. kpanza

kpanza Member

Ok, so the MSD box is inside, on the firewall near the heater core...the coil is on engine side of firewall, about where the old AC lines would have gone through...how close is TOO close for the EZ wiring to pass by?

Also, how do I know what temp plugs to start with? I will be buying the resistor plugs this week. Can't recall off the top of my head what is in there now, but they came with the 383 I bought.