Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Weather tight connectors

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Russ67scode, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Russ67scode

Russ67scode New Member

Is it possible to buy the metal parts of the weather right connectors ? I rolled up all the wires under my dash when installing my XFI 2.0 and now want to make this a cleaner install and shorten the wires . Pulling the connectors apart from the small wires is pretty tuff . Easier to just redo the wiring

2. Russ67scode

Russ67scode New Member

3. crash520

crash520 Member

Technically yes you can pull them apart, shorten the wires and crimp/solder a new terminal from one of those kits, I’m just not sure what type of connectors are on the harness, there are many out there that look the same as weather tight but are different, someone else maybe able to advise

4. Russ67scode

Russ67scode New Member

Crash520 that is exactly why I posted this question. I e mailed FAST Tech but haven’t got a reply. Last year at the gator nationals I stopped by the FAST trailer and a guy gave me his card but I lost it
    I’ll buy the stuff just need to know which connectors to buy I made up all the ends one time so doing it again should be easy

Note for everyone else. Make your wires the correct length the FIRST TIME!

5. crash520

crash520 Member

I don’t know the types well enough, maybe spend some time searching on Amazon, it’s a good research tool and you might find a match, I simply cut, soldered and heatshrunk any I needed to shorten on my harness, which was basically only the fuel pressure sender cable from memory for me

6. csjta

csjta Member

7. decline

decline New Member

Has anyone attempted to use a weatherpack bulkhead connector in lieu of a firewall grommet? Seems like it would clean up the install and make it easier for service since its one connection to remove. All the fast sensors would just have to be removed from their individual connector bodies and the pins placed in this single unit(in theory)

https://www.delcity.net/store/Weath...3xS8zDe9_5V6t-xGjkuLP9R2m5fouAXxoC9ScQAvD_BwE

8. jaros44sr

jaros44sr Member

seems like a nice idea, but I have more than 22 wires in my loom

9. decline

decline New Member

I spoke with a tech over at FAST and he was hesitant with the bulkhead idea on the basis of cross talk/interference. I'm going back to my seals-it grommits idea.

Getting back on topic tho has anyone made a fuel relay that plugs into the FAST harness? When using your own in tank pump the instructions tell you to just cut the plug off and wire in a relay. That seems kinda janky when i could buy the matching plug and pin the wires