Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

Why so many remote tunes all of a sudden?

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Fastmanefi, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Blown7

Blown7 New Member

Well FAST got my boxes today and sent me this email:
    Dear Valued Customer:

This email is to inform you that COMP Cams® receiving department has received your return. We understand that any disruption in a project can be frustrating and want to ensure you that your project is a priority. Your return will be reviewed and you will be contacted by a team member within the next 72 hours. Please contact us for any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

COMP Cams®

2. Blown7

Blown7 New Member

update I called FAST on Friday and verified with a tech that indeed my boxes were there and it will take a week or so to get an answer.

3. 91Vette666

91Vette666 New Member

When creating a XFI 2.051 tune for road and one for 1/4 mile track equipped with a 6speed manual, be it on a road or dyno, is it best to tune in 3rd or 4th gear?

4. Blown7

Blown7 New Member

Well a Mr. Rob called me from FAST and said my XIM was fine..... But the XFI had a full memory dump... whatever that is. So they fixed it and ran the units on their test engine and said I should have my boxes back by Tuesday or so.

FAST's customer service is great. Now what the hell is a memory dump and how can you tell if you have one????????????????

5. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

When you are connected to the ECU if you go to View/Display ECU Configuration all the numbers will be blank or zero.

Blown7 likes this.
  6. Blown7

Blown7 New Member

Ahhh....Okedoeekee.... So how does a memory dump occur?
    And how do you repair it?? Or is that something only FAST can do??

7. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

A memory dump is a BAD THING. It means you have lost the "boot code" stored inside the ECU's non-volatile memory. I have seen this happen when there has been a power glitch, or if people turn off the ECU by removing the main power which should be directly connected to the battery and never turned off. It cannot be fixed in the field. You must send the ECU back.

8. Blown7

Blown7 New Member

Ahhh I know a bit about boot loader code, if they only said that. But then again there must be a way to store and reload the code in the field. I do it all the time on the OEM PCM for my SRT and Trackhawk. A few different ways to load in given the chip makeup via Can, Nexus, or if it is a really old chip you'll have to use the BDM header on the board. The last one you have to open up the ECU. There is a load function thru the Flash function, Can't you get to the boot code thru that?

BTW the boxes should arrive back home on Thursday the 15th.
    Maybe we can remote tune Friday if everything powers up properly??

9. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Yes. The code can be flashed from the outside but you need a special routine and data file. I have done it once in the field because a very important car had to get going but it is not something the public could do because it's probably different for different ECUs. You'll be fine if your installation is correct.

10. Blown7

Blown7 New Member

Well Mr FASTmanefi... The boxes are back, installed and test run. Wideband O2, startup, and intial "Bogus Tune" works flawlessly. Now to find some time with you......

A Big shoutout to the FASTTechnical Memphis Team. All repaired and at now charge.. even shipping back to me was FREE!!

11. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Call me to schedule.

12. Blown7

Blown7 New Member

One more thing I forgot to mention from day one.. I use a Aeromotive rising rate fuel pressure regulator connected to the manifold pressure, I'm sure the fueling could get messed up if the FAST box isn't adjusted for that.

13. Blown7

Blown7 New Member

Thanks again Rich!

I recommend this guy to anyone!

BTW I found out what happened.. the engine did get that hot, I forgot to turn the electric fan on.... (separate switch)