Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

windows 10

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by TOMB1, May 19, 2016.

1. TOMB1

TOMB1 Member

I clicked the wrong button on that darn windows 10 pop up and now I have it, not happy.
    I hope my XFI 2.0 will run on windows 10

2. maxwell

maxwell Moderator Staff Member

XFI C-Com Software will work fine on Windows 10.

Some USB to Serial Adapters may need to have their driver updated or may need to be replaced with a newer unit.

3. CWPottenger

CWPottenger Member

If you were @ 7 or 8 and it has been less then 30 days since they did that to you and you haven't cleaned up your hard drive. I know a lot of if's...

Then you can get rid of the crappy 10
    Start menu / Settings / Update & security / Recovery
    Should have a Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1 option

of course they don't advertise that feature and they steal that option from you after 30days.
    Once you revert you need to turn off automatic download and update and set to need your approval. Microsoft changed it from an optional upgrade to a required upgrade.

4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Not meant to be argumentative, but Windows 10 works fine with FAST software. As Matt said, sometimes on the first try the USB driver may need to be updated but this is a one-time thing, and it does it automatically as long as you do the search for the driver on the internet and not from your local PC.

5. quadzila

quadzila New Member

I recently bought a windows 10 lap top and having usb driver issues. I downloaded the latest usb drivers from FAST Website and still not able to connect , does anybody know which driver works with windows 10?

6. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

I'd just buy a different USB to serial adapter. Some people have never been able to get older adapters to work regardless of the driver.

Jerryl and Caprimaniac like this.
  7. Turbobitt

Turbobitt Member

The older adapters have chipsets that are not compatible with windows 8 and 10.
    AG.

Jerryl likes this.