Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

XFI 2.0 can't save properly?

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by RinkyQ, Sep 19, 2017.

1. RinkyQ

RinkyQ New Member

We have this XFI set up on a A/SA race car with a mandatory kill switch.
    We should be able to save different changes we make to the tune but this XFI 2.0 doesn't save our change when we turn the switch OFF and back ON?
    As long as we leave some power to the XFI, it's fine but as soon as we turn that kill switch OFF/ON where 100% of the car electricity is managed, it loses everything we saved previously?

Is there a wire to the XFI that should be hot all the time or a battery back up that has failed or needs a new battery?
    Thanks

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Main power (not the ignition switched 12V) to the ECU must be maintained for at least 10 seconds during any power down. As long as you turn off the switched 12V first, then wait a bit before turning off all the main power, you should be ok. Disconnecting the main power while the switched 12V is active is a no no.

crash520 likes this.
  3. crash520

crash520 Member

I was wondering about that for the same reason, installing the kill switch for racing if I needed to run a permanent hit wire to the ECU as I will for my Dakota Digital Dash to maintain permanent power state, but when the master is shut off it will kill the switched power and the CDI ignition to kill the engine

4. RinkyQ

RinkyQ New Member

After reading over and over the instruction manual, there is no procedure mentioned anywhere! We will try that and let you know, thanks.