Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

xfi 2.0 switching to msd distributor and crank trigger..

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by wayney, Jul 5, 2017.

1. wayney

wayney New Member

hello all, i have xfi2.0 running sequential and a dual sync distributor. i am switching to a msd crank trigger and distributor (to use for cam ) . what do i need to change? is there directions or a plug n play harness?

thanks, wayne

2. A A

A A Well-Known Member

3. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Fastmanefi might suggest using different parts for the MSD parts in your application.

4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Member

Assuming you are leaving the dual-sync for the cam signal only, and you add the MSD 4 magnet crank trigger, then all you need is the Holley 554-118 Hall Effect sensor replacement. The MSD sensor is an inductive pickup so replacing that with the 554-118 will get you the much better discreet crank signal. The 554-118 output uses the same XFI wire as the discrete crank from the dual-sync, and since it's a Hall Effect device you have to provide switched 12V to the sensor.

5. wayney

wayney New Member

i was planing on using the 4 magnet msd crank trigger wheel and sensor. I can plug it into the crank sensor on the main wiring harness right?

on the distributor I want to use the MSD for the large diameter cap and do away with the dual sync.I know you have to take it apart and remove the extra tabs . is there a wiring harness to adapt to it or do i have to make one?
    thanks, wayne

6. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Member

I have a document on the FAST Tech page on my website (MSD distributor conversion instructions) that talks about how to convert an MSD dizzy to a cam sync. That signal will be inductive so wire it carefully and watch the polarity. It's important!

If you stay with the MSD crank sensor that comes with the MSD crank trigger then yes, you use the harness labeled "Crank" but you'll have to swap connectors. No pigtail. And that signal is also inductive.

wayney likes this.
  7. wayney

wayney New Member

thanks fastman . I ordered 301300 wiring harness .