Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

XFI 2.0 Warm Idle Continously Stalls, Initial cold startup will run great

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by ibmtech, Oct 18, 2017.

1. ibmtech

ibmtech Member

Ran into an interesting issue. After my car was Dyno-Tuned, I had some major issues to fix, like replacing the intake, Injectors Sizing, and some of the wiring had to be replaced.. Everything was done over time, I am running a 406 sbc twin turbo and when the car starts up it runs great for the first 4 minutes or so.
    Then as I watch the IAC it will drop right to 0 and the car stalls. I will attempt start the car and it will start and run for a couple of seconds then immediately stall again. I noticed the IAC drops right to 0..

Any suggestion would be more than helpful at this point. Thank you.

2. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

You don't see any error code in the ccom software ?

3. A A

A A Well-Known Member

Check the MAP first. Key on, engine off, it should read close to 100. Make sure you have no vacuum leaks. It sounds like you may have an enrichment parameter set incorrectly in the software. If Richard (fastmanefi) sees this, he'll probably want to see your log file.

4. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Capture the event with a log and send me the log and the tune. NEXT ....

5. ibmtech

ibmtech Member

ok, Getting a little late tonight to start, I've gotten the original tune back from the dyno and am going to put that back in tomorrow. I will get everything going on this tomorrow morning again. I haven't logged anything as of yet.. That is my fault, I really should but have neglected to do so. I will start on every run I do from now on. The only codes I was seeing was the OPM, I shut off the fault code and no errors were on. I will update tomorrow.

6. ibmtech

ibmtech Member

Even if I am running a 3 Bar it will be close to 100 or would it be closer to 300 ?

7. A A

A A Well-Known Member

It should still be the same MAP in KPa. The 3 bar just has an extended range for blown engines. The key on, engine off, is just the barometric atmosphere reading in KPa. Your XFI software does have settings for the type MAP you use. You've got the XFI king watching now. ;) Richard will likely be able to spot any problem with your system, once he has the tune and logs.

8. ibmtech

ibmtech Member

Did 1 log 5 minute run. Currently the car is stays running but is laboring when running. I noticed the Wide band at times was going to 15.6.. I have include my tune and the log file..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  9. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

I assume this is version 2.01 XFI software? You have several issues. You have an error code and the voltages from the wideband are all zero! You should limit the amount of things you are logging so you can make sense of what you are looking at. Logging everything just takes too much time and you didn't log what you really need to see such as the Target AF or the Target IAC. There are many things wrong with that tune. Hard to believe this was used on a dyno. I'm not selling - just saying - but I would charge $200 for a new startup tune - and a lot of instructions about what to log and how to log it.

10. A A

A A Well-Known Member

From Richard's analysis, I'm positive paying him $200 for a correct tune would be money well spent - if you can correct the issues, and purchase a new tune from him. (I believe he just recently began doing tunes over the Internet.) I was, myself, already thinking you should not have had such problems after time on a dyno. A proper tune will drastically improve power, mileage, and emissions for much longer engine life. Richard is a professional tuner you can trust, and he doesn't overcharge for his skills.

11. ibmtech

ibmtech Member

This from Version 3COM XFI 2.051 with a build date of 19 May 2014. Today had another stupid issue pop up that I have been trying to rectify.. Doesn't have anything to do with tuning, more of a maintenance issue.. Let me get this straightened out and I will be more than happy to do that..

12. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

It can't be 2.051. Look at your individual cylinder corrections.

13. ibmtech

ibmtech Member

By when I click on (Help) then (about) It's telling me it's version 2.051..

I looked at the cylinder corrections.. Your absolutely correct.. Those are insane.. Don't know why I need individual cylinder corrections for my type of intake or even how those got put in there.. I looked at 12 of the other GCT files at none of them have corrections either. I know when I was running my TPIS Superram, I used to have minor correction, but not to that extreme. I am not sure if that is something I botched or not..

After going the Data Log I also noticed something else was going on.. Recently I had a ECM error where I had to send it back to Memphis for repair after it was attempted dynoed.. FAST verified a continous IAC error that coiudn't be fixed and had to replace the mainboard.

After they fixed the board in Memphis and shipped the ECM back to me.. I was just looking through the data log. I didn't even notice that too many things were being logged. Sorry, I should have had only the main things on, Not everything. I am kinda glad I did though. I also found the MAP, AIT and the TPS which also stayed at 0.. which leads me to believe the C harness on the ECM isn't plugged in properly or there is still a problem elsewhere with a ground as the heugo and the rest of these sensors all plug into the C harness of the ECM.. Any thoughts ??

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  14. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

The individual cylinder fuel corrections is the trademark of a 2.0 version software that was converted to 2.05 without being aware of everything that changed.

15. ibmtech

ibmtech Member

Which would make sense, if my original Dyno tuner in upstate, NY used the old GCT file and when he initially returned my car, he had to update my software. So he installed the new C-Com and kept the old tune, just modified it. What he failed to do was removed all the existing parameters from the old setup.

16. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

I have a document on my FAST Tech Page that goes through the 2.0 to 2.05 process. It was a real fiasco when 2.05 was released and people thought they could just load their 2.0 tune and go. I had many many customers that were running fine on 2.01 and all of a sudden they were dead in their tracks. And the 2.05 software doesn't tell you if you load a 2.01 tune either. I used to run a software company and if we did that - I'd have to fire somebody. All that was said was you should always check all your tables when upgrading. True, but a little help, or at least a warning, would have been nice.

Rant over. I need some warm tea.