Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

XFI Failure

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by 66Chevelle, Nov 29, 2017.

1. 66Chevelle

66Chevelle New Member

XFI 2.0 was installed several years ago, a couple of days ago it quit suddenly without warning; now it won't even try to start- no spark, no fuel. Engine started running rough and then died; ECU showing no crank, points, or injector led's. Power led illuminates with key on and cam led blinks when engine is spun over. Ignition is Fast dual sync distributor, MSD crank trigger and ignition box; crank trigger and ignition box both check OK- not sure about the distributor, but the crank and cam led's on the pickup are both lighting up, so I assume it's OK. Checked the pins on the ECU connectors and none are loose or backed out, all fuses and connections are good and batteries are fully charged. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Time to send the ECU back to Fast?

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Connect the ECU and monitor the RPM while cranking. If no RPM shows then the ECU is not seeing the crank signal. You can monitor the discrete drank signal right at the ECU input pin with a volt meter.

3. 66Chevelle

66Chevelle New Member

Thank you for the reply, I was in desperate need of professional advice. Tach is reading rpm while cranking. I removed the white points wire from the ignition box and saw spark every time the points terminal on the box was grounded. I then checked the points wire between the ignition box and the ecu; wire had continuity and was not shorted to ground. I went as far as grounding the points wire at the connector, and again had good spark. Also checked wires between crank trigger and the ecu connector; both wires had continuity and no shorts to ground.

4. Fastnofast

Fastnofast Member

I had the same issue with my xfi and 12v switched was bad. May be this help

5. 66Chevelle

66Chevelle New Member

Thanks, but nope, that was one of the the first things I checked. I should have included that with the other things I've tried. Looks like I'm running out of easy fixes fast. (No pun intended)

6. lazaris

lazaris Member

Have you recently done a TPS recalibration? It sounds like the ECU had a memory dump.