Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

XFI sportsman with ez2 handheld

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Westsix, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Westsix

Westsix New Member

Hi, I have ez efi2 on a 202 ci straight 6, itb's and a cam with 109 lsa, 238/242 duration. And yes it runs like a pig and has bugger all vacuum.
    Can I get the xfi sportsman ecu on its own without any harness's, sensors as I already have it all wired in from the ez2? Can it be run in solely alpha n? Also can I use the ez efi2 handheld as a dash for the xfi sportsman?
    Thanks.

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Member

Yes, you can get a Sportsman ECU only, that will plug into the EZ-2 harness (assuming it's TBI). I have sold quite a few of these upgrades, but you will NOT use the EZ-2 handheld; the Sportsman requires a laptop. Forget Alpha-N. It's always better to use Speed Density even on low vacuum engines. I have all-out race engines running Speed Density. The Sportsman software allows the tuner to rescale the vacuum axis and control idle AF manually so you can tune any engine.

3. Westsix

Westsix New Member

Thanks for the reply, yeah understand it needs the laptop, just want to use the ez-2 handheld as a dash. I've got the ez 2 retrofit fitted so sounds good. Thanks for your help

4. A A

A A Well-Known Member

The EZ EFI 2.0 handheld is not compatible with Sportsman. Sportsman uses the XFI handheld, but the handheld is not required.