Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

XFI Sportsman with Holley Hall Effect Crank sensor connection

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by crash520, Sep 2, 2019.

1. crash520

crash520 Member

Hi guys, sorry to revisit this but I need a jogger as a lot of my previous post is missing.
    I have the XFI Sportsman, the harness has an 8 pin connector that goes to the FAST distributor and a two pin connector for a two wire crank trigger.
    I have a Holley Hall Effect crank sensor (three pin) and the FAST 301301 harness conversion.
    so, I know I have to re-plug the end of the 301301 to suit the HE sensor, but the 301301 harness has the 8 pin plug on the other end that plugs into the distributor plug, not the sportsman harness crank trigger plug.
    so, previously I was told you dont need the harness distributor plug and you must bridge pins D and F on that plug.

So, can someone give me a refresher please? whats the go, and in the programming, Im assuming I select the IPU crank check box and the crank ref set at zero while phasing the distributor at approx 30 deg.

2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Well-Known Member

I'm tuning today. I'll respond later with the wiring.

3. crash520

crash520 Member

Thanks Rich
    The way I’m seeing it is I simply replug the end of the 301301 adaptor harness to suit the Holley HE sensor, power to the pink wire, the distributor rpm (white wire and brown/white) becomes the sensor white wire, black/white dig grnd becomes the sensor black wire and the pink becomes the sensor power and call it done. I don’t think I need to change anything in the ECU set up apart from maybe the fixed timing to 30.
    Set engine to TDC align sensor with a magnet, then phase the rotor, call it done

4. Fastmanefi

The RPM input pin, which is also pin F on the distributor plug, is the discreet (Hall Effect) input to the Sportsman. That's where the output from the Holley 3-wire crank sensor connects. Now the inductive input to the Sportsman must be disabled, so you jump the crank input plug to do that. The 301301 is not going to help you with this.

5. crash520

crash520 Member

Rich
    The 301301 adaptor cable will plug into the harness distributor plug and will take the RPM signal(pin F on both distributor plug and 301301 plug), return (pin D on both plugs)and power down to the HE sensor, just have to cut the weatherpack plug off and fit the plug supplied with the Holley sensor and plug it in, good to go.
    So now the question is, should I be setting the sensor at 50 deg btdc and setting the ECU ref angle at 50?
    Then at 30 deg btdc phase the rotor there?

6. crash520

crash520 Member

Actually I think I need to set the sensor at zero TDC, set the distributor and phase the rotor at 20 btdc and call it done leaving all settings as is in the ECU

7. Fastmanefi

Yes. Sportsman wants the crank at TDC.