Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

xfi will not start as well as classic

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by kidglok, May 7, 2013.

1. pbp1

pbp1 Member

There are many possible causes or noise. Since this is occurring during cranking, a good troubleshooting method is to disconnect different devices on the vehicle one at a time and see if any of them make the noise go away. The switched ignition voltage is also a possible source of noise, especially with an adapter harness that uses a factory source. You can either install a relay to power the switched 12V to the ECU isolating it from the original factory ignition source, or you can run a new wire straight out of the fuse panel to the switched 12V input on the XFI. I urge you to keep searching for the source of this noise. It will likely end up being something simple.
    You have to think of noise like this, If someone was shooting at you, would you want to put on a bullet proof vest or would you want to stop the person shooting at you? You have to find the source of the noise and eliminate it or it will keep causing you problems.
    Good luck

2. kidglok

kidglok Member

still no dice.

There are 7 turbo regals here, 5 with xfi and 2 with classic. All the xfi cars do it, and the classic's do not. :confused:

here is another screen shot, it seems to happen at the onset of recognizing engine RPM. the first rev and rpm signal jumps right to 1500.

Attached Files:

• ss.png
      ss.png
      File size:
      41.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
  3. TurboNova

TurboNova Active Member

Lake Havasu City AZ.. but mostly travel tuning
    By the look of your log, the DC% goes to 100 on cranking and the RPM is much higher than the cranking RPM should be, so when that happens the engine actually gets fuel like what 100% duty would be and starts to flood.

I have seen this issue with bad Power connections, where power is coming from the starter or electrical noise into the RPM pickup where the ecu thinks that it is a different RPM than it really is.

4. kidglok

kidglok Member

Brian,

If I'm using stock cam and crank signal, how do I ground the unused cam input in sequential mode?
    I have pins a1 and a3 looped currently for the crank.

Edit- I guess I can loop a2 and a4 which is inductive crank and discreet cam? (Those seem unused looking at the schematic for the early Buick v6)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  5. Jeep1

Jeep1 New Member

Are you saying it is better to run the B17 12v switched wire to the fuse panel rather than to the ignition switch?

Thanks

6. A A

A A Well-Known Member

You replied to an almost five year old thread. It might be better if you started a new thread,

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018