Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

XIM CNP with 60-2 wheel adapted to Buick V6

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by Turbobitt, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Turbobitt

Turbobitt Member

Thought I would share this pet project. Wanted to see if I could clean up some starting issues with my stock 3 pulse trigger by switching to a 60-2 wheel for more resolution during low speed cranking and start up. I custom designed the wheel and sensor brackets myself and had everything coated. I integrated a trigger wheel set point at TDC and cam sync to make it easy to line up and install without guessing where the wheel position is.
    So far my impression is a vast improvement. Could not have done this project without the help from Lance.
    Allan G.

021A.jpg 022A.jpg 024A.jpg

Jerryl likes this.
  2. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

Very cool and nice work. Love the black.

3. fabr

fabr Member

nice!!!!! I love good fab work!

4. Turbobitt

Turbobitt Member

Can't take to much credit for fabricating, all of it was from CAD to laser cut parts.
    I do have a newer design I think is pretty slick with an integrated ring gaurd and sensor mount. This new design is also a little more flexibility with mounting options at various depths by simply just changing spacers. I'm a little surprised no one has had a similar idea. All the 60-2 aftermarket mounting is just carryover designs from the traditional flying magnet crank trigger wheels. I wanted something a little more safer with a flying sawblade under the hood.

IMG_6889.JPG IMG_6890.JPG

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Jerryl likes this.
  5. Fastmanefi

Fastmanefi Active Member

If the ring guards are Ferris this will affect the sensitivity of the pickup signal. Also you would need a way to adjust the sensor mounting to accommodate other engine configurations.

6. Turbobitt

Turbobitt Member

I made this specific for Buick, wasn't intending on a universal fit. Was happy to just have a working copy. And yes I know, its made from aluminum, not magnetic material.
    AG.

7. fabr

fabr Member

CADding is just a modern way of fabbing.

8. Jerryl

Jerryl New Member

You build some of the nicest stuff out there! :cool: