Welcome to CPGNation.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the CPGNation community.

XIM software/hardware architecture

Discussion in 'FAST Support Forum' started by rumblefish72, May 7, 2018.

1. rumblefish72

rumblefish72 New Member

Does anybody here have any insight into the architecture of the XIM module? I have XFI 2.0 and just purchased a XIM so I can add ignition control. My engine is a Gen2 426 Hemi. I have an AEM EPM "puck" (Engine Position Module) that does 24 pulses on the crank output and 1 pulse on the cam output in 360 degrees of distributor rotation. I want to run Ford Coyote COP. I purchased FAST 301317 Ignition Controller Kit w/Plug N Play Harness for Ford 5.0L and I have the Coyote coils. Can I pop off the back cover of the XIM and reset the DIP switches for "Ignition Strategy" to 0-0-1-1 (24X) and keep DIPs 5-8 set as 1-1-0-1 (8 Cyl, CAN Enabled, coil per spark)? Is this how the DIP switches would be configured if I purchased XIM for a GM LS application? I know that Fords use a different firing order and cylinder# positions so I'll have to remap that into the 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 firing order of the Hemi but once I change the DIP switches, will XIM change choose a firing order? Or since I'm "CAN Enabled", will all that configuration be loaded from the settings in the XFI?

My hope is to come up with a configuration that is close so I can eliminate some of the guesswork and bench setup testing.

2. Caprimaniac

Caprimaniac Member

That should be the correct DIP setting. No problem taking the lid off and switch.....
    Mind the 50 deg ref angle on the crank. You can adjust the timing after install if you're a couple of degrees off.