Lake Zurich, IL – Revolutionary 10.4″ single-disc clutch kits from Quarter Master are now available for Ford Mustangs. The kits include a true racing clutch with factory driving characteristics to replace the stock component.
Quarter Master Optimum-SR 10.4″ Single-Disc Ford Mustang Clutch Kits feature a rebuildable billet clutch that is super lightweight and designed for higher-than-stock torque clamp loads while maintaining a near-stock pedal feel. The kits are produced specifically for newer Mustang GT and Boss 302 applications. They are great for owners of stock or modified vehicles producing up to 500 ft./lbs. of torque and 700 horsepower.
The clutch itself weighs almost fifty percent less than the stock assembly, making it a perfect choice for those who a want to take a significant amount of rotating weight out of their drivetrain. Furthermore, the lightweight clutch and pressure plate are designed to blend noticeable horsepower gains with smooth pedal engagement. The clutch design decreases inertia, allowing the engine to rev and de-rev quicker than with the stock unit. The moment-of-inertia reduction is equivalent to an eight horsepower gain.
The clutches incorporate engineering know-how derived from the rich Quarter Master racing heritage and are legal for use in the Pirelli World Challenge and Continental Tire Series. However, they can also easily be used for street driving. Quarter Master Optimum-SR 10.4″ Single-Disc Ford Mustang Clutch Kits come with the clutch, flywheel, release bearing (if applicable) and release bearing adapter. Iron and full-race Mustang kits are also available.
Part Number: #126591-RS (2011-2014 Mustang GT & 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302)
Street Price: $2,199.98
Features & Benefits:
- Super lightweight & designed for higher torque clamp loads than stock w/ near-stock pedal feel
- Weigh almost 50% less than stock assembly; can hold up to 700 HP & 500 ft./lbs. of torque
- All-billet construction w/proprietary spring technology; rebuildable design ensures this will be your last clutch
- Legal in both Pirelli World Challenge & Continental Tire Series, yet can easily be used for street driving
- Kits include 10.4″ single-disc clutch, flywheel, release bearing (if applicable) & release bearing adapter